Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE I KNEW IT WAS EASY,,BUT WELLL INGREDIENTS HOW MUCH OF THIS ,, THAT I WILL ADD TO MENU THANK YOU...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
LOL, EX-ACT-LY! I think its the layering technique that gets my tastebuds waterin'!! How come YOU'RE not sleepin', Nan?
Same reason I'm still awake tonight - can't sleep. Hopefully soon tho'...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
Thank you Christine for answering that question. I just now got back on the computer since I was at work. Your correct in your answer too. And Magie, I reckon you can put the Cranberry sauce on it if you want. I personally would never buy the stuff, but alas, Hubby just HAS to have that! ( he eats it alone, like a side dish) BLECH!!!!
I make my cranberry sauce. . .it's real easy, just cook the berries in O.J. and sugar, add a bit of cinnamon and some toasted walnuts or pecans and a splash of bourbon.

Combine the cranberries, O.J. and sugar. Cover it tightly cook until cranberries are tender and sugar is dissolved, stirring once. Remove from the heat and stir in bourbon. Refrigerate until well chilled. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.) Transfer to bowl and serve.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I am working and cooking this Thanksgiving as I will have the kids
I plan on putting the turkey in before I leave for work.....when I come home I want to do things as easily as possible......anyone have easy stuffing/potatoe and veggie recipes? I will make the desserts on Tuesday.

I will be introducing the man I have been dating to the kids next week too......whew!! Talk about stress.....ha
I guess you could say you have a LOT to be thankful for, Christine!

As for a quick dressing. . .how about Sandra Lee's Quick Cornbread Dressing? You buy the cornbread already made, so don't have to mix it or wait for it to bake. I know Walmart also sells veggies already chopped too!:

Ingredients

1 large egg
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound store bought cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup frozen diced onions, thawed
2 tablespoons Italian herb marinade mix (recommended: Durkee Grill Creations)
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style sweet corn
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a small bowl beat 1 egg with the chicken broth. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients and egg mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour.

And, as for potatoes, how about just buying a bag of those already cleaned little red potatoes and popping them in the oven to roast at the same time as the turkey?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Little Buddy

FlyingCars is a jewel in the rough

You mentioned that you have a lot of leftovers and often you just throw food away. I recommend checking out http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/T...unge#iframetop At the leftover lounge you find ways to stretch meals even after the holiday is over. There are easy recipes like turkey couscous salad, garlic lovers turkey enchiladas, or something like the turkey caesar wrap.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Big Buddy

The real problem is that after the first couple of turkey sammies, the S.O. refuses to choke down another bite of turkey!! I found that the deli at our local supermarket is selling rotisserie turkey breasts for $10! I think I'm gonna pick up one of those and mebbe cook a couple of legs (gotta have SOME drippings for the gravy!) Thanks for the suggestions (those wraps look DELISH!).
Old 11-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

great\way to help finnish off turkey.....
Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
I guess you could say you have a LOT to be thankful for, Christine!

As for a quick dressing. . .how about Sandra Lee's Quick Cornbread Dressing? You buy the cornbread already made, so don't have to mix it or wait for it to bake. I know Walmart also sells veggies already chopped too!:

Ingredients

1 large egg
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound store bought cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup frozen diced onions, thawed
2 tablespoons Italian herb marinade mix (recommended: Durkee Grill Creations)
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style sweet corn
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a small bowl beat 1 egg with the chicken broth. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients and egg mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour.

And, as for potatoes, how about just buying a bag of those already cleaned little red potatoes and popping them in the oven to roast at the same time as the turkey?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to see how many patients I have to visit and how much work time I will have......I love cornbread stuffing
Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCars View Post
You mentioned that you have a lot of leftovers and often you just throw food away. I recommend checking out http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/T...unge#iframetop At the leftover lounge you find ways to stretch meals even after the holiday is over. There are easy recipes like turkey couscous salad, garlic lovers turkey enchiladas, or something like the turkey caesar wrap.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Big Buddy

fruit salad too.............