Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default What's on your Turkey-Day Menu?

OK, I'm officially stressed. There's just the 2 of us and the traditional Thanksgiving feast generally gets wasted, even if we share or invite a few people over and load them up with leftovers to take home. The S.O. gets upset at "wasting" so much food and money. Sometimes we just pack it all up in the fridge and wait for it to go bad so we can throw it away with a less guilty conscience!

We've eaten out a time or 2, but it just doesn't seem like a real Thanksgiving to me! He doesn't like Marie Callendars (I LOVE it!) or the cafeteria and other eat-out type options are severely holiday-handicapped. I've decied to try making just a turkey breast and a couple of legs, homemade cranberry relish, smashed potatoes, a veggie and dessert and forego all the other sides and yummies. It still seems to be a less than spectacular menu, but at least we won't have to feel guilty about either consuming it ALL or NOT consuming it all! I've been freakin' LOSING SLEEP over how to deal with the menu this year!

What's everyone else doing?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Well, I have no clue. We might make some turkey sandwiches with all the fixin's, get a bottle of Maker's Mark and watch movies all day!

I think you should eat whatever food you are thankful for. Are you thankful for grilled cheese? ribeyes? sushi? Then I think that's what you should eat. Start your own tradition!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Heh...I'm thankful for turkey sammies!! THAT'S why I gotta have a turkey breast (at a minimum) on Thanksgiving. . .so that Friday afternoon I can have my sammich (even without the dressing)!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
Heh...I'm thankful for turkey sammies!! THAT'S why I gotta have a turkey breast (at a minimum) on Thanksgiving. . .so that Friday afternoon I can have my sammich (even without the dressing)!

Don't I know it. Throw a little cranberry sauce on there and just dig in and get messy! LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Don't I know it. Throw a little cranberry sauce on there and just dig in and get messy! LOL
LOL, EX-ACT-LY! I think its the layering technique that gets my tastebuds waterin'!! How come YOU'RE not sleepin', Nan?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

well, theres just 3 of us, and the other 2 can really put it away! But I'm making the traditional turkey dinner, I make my own stuffing, and he makes his cause he doesnt like mine( but they both disappear), green beans, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade mac n cheese. Then he'll have some cranberrt sauce ( no one else likes it). If theres gonna be more, I dont know yet. But then with the leftovers, make turkey and dumplins (instead of chicken), ( a friend told me to do that), also theres turkey noodle soup to make, turkey pot pies, turkey manhattens...I NEVER have to throw away leftovers. If theres still gonna be more turkey around then I like, I freeze it for a later date!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

Got the big family here....and yes it`s at my house
but everyone`s chipp`s in so no one person
get`s overloaded.....the usaly trimming`s here
Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

What are turkey manhattens?
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
What are turkey manhattens?
LOL, I was just gonna ask the SAME question! (Do you drink 'em??)
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Big Buddy

I USUALLY make the turkey (brined, so its a process that takes a couple of days), home made cornbread dressing (neither of us like white bread sage dressing) and giblet gravy, broccoli-rice casserole, sweet potatoes (baked or sweetened and smashed), green bean casserole, home made rolls, a cake and a couple of pies. Seriously gonna try to cut down on all that this year (but I'm already mourning the absence of dressing and the other goodies!!)