- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 16 medium green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Combine first 8 ingredients, stirring until smooth.
2. Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, and beef; sauté for 2 minutes or until beef is browned. Add green onion pieces; sauté 30 seconds. Add soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.