Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Big Buddy

lionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributer
0sign0037 Help (from mothers of girls...again)!

Hi all,

Have another request for advice from mothers who have daughters. My 10 year old just started her period for the first time and I do not know what pad is best for her to use.

I had a hysterectomy back in 2004, so I am a bit out of touch with what is on the market now a days. Is there one that is better then the other? Is there one that might be better for a younger girl (like my daughter).

I didn't think that I would need to look at this information just yet, but here we are.

Thanks friends,

Dana
Old 04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

wow....10 and has her period!!
I hope my daughter holds off at least until 12 or 13.

I like the thin maxi pads for the younger girls....Always makes a great one.
I would encourage the longer maxi pads for nighttime use.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

my grd was 9yrs... So was I long ago..... I think something that specifically say young girls would be best,,,,
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I was 10 when I started. You might ask friends who have pads on hand for one to try. Ask several people and I'll bet you will get several kinds. The pads with wings don't seem to bunch up (so I've heard - I had my hysterectomy in 1998.)
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Big Buddy

lionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributer

Thanks everyone. I was also hoping that she would hold off until she was older, but....

Makes me feel better knowing that she is not the only one who started at this age.

I will try some of the ones you have suggested. I have some samples on hand (because I knew this day would come), so we are going to try these first & see if there is one she likes.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

I used alwas ...untill I had my hysterectomy
but that was me...good luck
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

My grandaughters ask me to buy the always brand for them.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

You'll probably have to try a variety and let your daughter tell you. I was a later bloomer, and I didnt have a choice, it was whatever Mom had at the house. I remember feeling like I was carrying a saddle with me. (hence, back in the saddle again) but when I got with friends, and compared I found my own, and told Mom what I liked best, she didnt always buy, but I did tell her cause hers were too "gramma like"
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Big Buddy