Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Introductions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 07:26 AM
New Buddy

jinly is a brand new buddy
Default Manhattanite seeking to leave cheaply!

Hello everyone! I just moved to NYC and I'm horrified at how expensive things are. Living cheaply is now a necessity - hopefully I'll learn some useful tips here!

Jin
Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

glad you stopped into the forum
Old 07-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Big Buddy

Dancers Mom is a special memberDancers Mom is a special member
Default Cheap?

My son lives in Manhattan, so I know how expensive it can be. I can share some things with you that I share with him. He probably ignores me or deletes my emails when it involves saving money. But I have a feeling you will not. The first thing I tried to stress to him is that he should live the Bohemien lifestyle. I tried to tell him that it was the thing to do in NYC, but he didn't agree. I will keep you posted
Old 07-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Hi Jin! You will find lots of ways to save at MBB! Post what you're looking for and I'll bet someone will know how to get it "on the cheap"!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Big Buddy

Dancers Mom is a special memberDancers Mom is a special member
Default beer budget in a champagne town

here are a few ideas:

search Half. com for this book:
Mr. Cheap's New York: Bargains, Factory Outlets, Off-Price Stores, Deep Discount Stores, Cheap Eats, Cheap Places to Stay, and Cheap Fun Things to Do
Mark Waldstein
Paperback, 1993

Amazon also has a few books about living fruggally (sp) in NYC
Daily I visit these websites for bargains
http://www.dealtaker.com/
http://www.thethriftymama.com/
http://www.freestufftimes.com/
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

Nice meeting you to to the MBB
Old 07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

Welcome! You'll find lots of bargains and nice friends here.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Hi, Jinley and WELCOME TO MBB! The first thing that struck me about your post was the word "Manhattanite," which leads me to wish you VERY GOOD LUCK on leading a frugal lifestyle! I've allus heard that Manhattan was one of the most expensive places to live, but maybe you can find some little hidey-holes that aren't in an alley, so I do wish you the best of luck!

The advice and tips and money saving hints you can get here should prove invaluable. I think you should prolly start a blog, or at least a thread here at MBB ("My Manhattan Meanderings") or some such. . .I think we'd all be interested in hearing of your successes!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

welcome, glad you joined
Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

welcome to MBB great people here willing to help... stay tuned.. hugs