Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

I'd say go for it. I know the job outlook in MI is crappy.But I'm guessing its far less crappy with a education. Gotta try something!!! Good luck either way!

Last edited by Dartman : 05-17-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

i think it's a good idea too. you are never too old to start something new. good luck to both of you.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

GREAT IDEA,,, GO FOR IT,,,,,
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Big Buddy

NonieBaloney is a special memberNonieBaloney is a special member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsrule2004 View Post
You don't think that it is crazy that we are both over 40 (that is the part I have the hardest time with)?
Oh, numbers-schumbers! Look at it this way -- your life-experience is going to make it easier for you in the long run. When I think back to research papers and such that I had to write early in life, I'd know they'd be much easier now than they were then because I have much broader horizons. You'll be fine!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Big Buddy

lionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I think that this is a wonderful plan.
The thing the 2 of you have going for you is your family is grown and both of you will be returning to school together.
Being you will qualify for practically a free education between the both of you what is there to think about or be afraid of?
Seems to me the only thing holding you back is you and your lack of self confidence.
Well, not so much in the free department; it will cost us quite a bit in student loans once we are all said and done.

Yes, you did hit the nail on the head in my lack of self-confidence; I do have an issue (always had) with that.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsrule2004 View Post
Well, not so much in the free department; it will cost us quite a bit in student loans once we are all said and done.

Yes, you did hit the nail on the head in my lack of self-confidence; I do have an issue (always had) with that.
Getting your degree will go a long way in helping with that!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Big Buddy

mlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on up

I haven't posted or even logged on in months but your forum made me want to respond! I am 45, have 4 young children, am filing for divorce and just completed my 1st semester of college. It was only one class since it's been 27 years since I've been in school and I wanted to dip my toes in before diving in but guess what? I got an A in my class and I am now ready to dive in. An education never goes out of style and as far as moving...it's a new start, go for it. A 3-1/2 hours drive is nothing to go see family, mines lives twice as far away and we see them often (maybe too often!). If I can do it, anyone can! You'll be just great, don't second guess your decision!! Best of luck!!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

[quote=mlbrjb;819722]I haven't posted or even logged on in months but your forum made me want to respond! I am 45, have 4 young children, am filing for divorce quote]

sorry Lisa......
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrjb View Post
I haven't posted or even logged on in months but your forum made me want to respond! I am 45, have 4 young children, am filing for divorce and just completed my 1st semester of college. It was only one class since it's been 27 years since I've been in school and I wanted to dip my toes in before diving in but guess what? I got an A in my class and I am now ready to dive in. An education never goes out of style and as far as moving...it's a new start, go for it. A 3-1/2 hours drive is nothing to go see family, mines lives twice as far away and we see them often (maybe too often!). If I can do it, anyone can! You'll be just great, don't second guess your decision!! Best of luck!!
Hey Lisa! Welcome back! It's good to see you!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Mentor

Dana, make sure to sign up for Upromise

http://www.upromise.com/acquisitionL..._-google-_-ppc

THey have lots of ways to help pay for college.