Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Wowmarker UNREAL: Obama ate alone at fund-raiser dinner

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/the_...itc2Gbw49fjk4K
Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Why does this not surprise me?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Obama also gave a brief speech, saying he's not worried about his low poll numbers and he plans to tour the nation to drive the message home to voters about his administration's achievements so far. "I've got my message across before and I'll do it again. This I know how to do," he said.
HMMM...his knowing may be wearing a bit thin, based upon the comments to the story:

Quote:
Comments (60)

Shish

08/02/2010 1:34 PM

I know what the problem is. There was no place at the table for his left and right brain aka teleprompter in chief and without it he cannot be trusted to hold an intelligent conversation...without mmmmmmmm saying something stupid like calling black people mongrels

rar

08/02/2010 6:52 AM

@Daisy: Thanks for once again making it about race. That default and threadbare insult is wearing very, very thin. I dare say most commenters here would be more than happy to support a black president that were a man of substance, truly seemed to believe in the goodness of this country and its people and shared *our* conservative views. Obama, of course, is none of those things. But thanks for throwing those same old insults against the wall, hoping they stick.

rar

08/02/2010 6:38 AM

His message is hollow. I pray most are aware of the huge disconnect between his words & actions, are surely seeing the mendacity of the man. He had 'dinner' with a woman that designed a tote bag that says "Team Pelosi" (DvF) and with a group of people that think telling us what threads are "in" constitute their great contribution to society. God help us.

miller51550

08/02/2010 6:06 AM

I guess this is like speed dating!

You pay 30,000 dollars, Ill wolf down my Kobi Steak, and move on to the next fund raiser.

My question on this one.. did the DNC pay for the use of Air Force One to make sure that the POTUS got to California to RAISE money. Of course the Taxpayer picked up the tab for Obama to EAT ALONE or with his left hand lady.

On and I am a card carrying former Army Officer... not a member of the KKK.

GaNana2008

07/31/2010 12:23 PM

Welfare2050, I think your screen name says it all. How do you know Calvin Klein doesn't employee blacks? Are you black? Have you applied for a job with him? Maybe he doesn't employ slackers and whiners but prefers self-respecting, smart, hard-working blacks as his associates. You know them, they're the people paying for welfare.

Paul1149, his "transparency" is that he's the worst, most inexperienced President in the history of the US (which will be rewritten for our government educated children) and his "responsiveness to the people" is visiting one talk-show after another trying to convince the American public that he's actually working.

I've never seen a worse public servant - he is supposed to work *for* us; remember? He is an embarrassment to the office and has diminished the US's power world-wide. I will never be embarrassed to be an American but I can be embarrassed by the man occupying the highest office in the land. When I pledge allegiance, it is to my flag, and to the Republic for which it stands; not the government, fat-cats, self-important celebrities and politicians.

Report Abuse

NSLawyuh

07/31/2010 5:52 AM

Actually the Post had it backwards- it was open seating and no one wanted to eat with him...Lousy tablemanners, eats with his mouth open and is an incredibly boring conversationalist.

Report Abuse

sinclair

07/31/2010 2:16 AM

I'd be po'd if I spent $30 grand and this guy is too good to sit down and eat with me? Bleep you Oblamer!
Also of interest is Michael Gerson's (oped columnist for the Washington Post) article on Obama's "cool" leaving people cold:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080304664.html
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Big Buddy

ajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on up

I don't usually post about politics as we all have our own opinions ~ but this country overwhelmingly voted him into office ~ thinking he was the man for the job ~ now we have to let him do his job for the 4 years, and if we don't like what he has done or not done ~ then we take that up in the next presidential election.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

Very well said
Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Indeed, it is very well said. It is the American political process. I, for one, am more than happy to continue to give Mr. Obama every opportunity to prove to this country whether he is worthy of a second term.

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 08-05-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

no comment
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
Indeed, it is very well said. It is the American political process. I, for one, am more than happy to continue to give Mr. Obama every opportunity to prove to this country whether he is worthy of a second term.
I would just be happy if he would step up and take advantage of the first term. Quit blaming others for what's wrong and find positive solutions that don't require a Master's Degree to read. The fixes are easy, but you have to risk being unpopular to effect real change. Our President should be a humble man who is not worried about the recognition. Ronald Reagan had a quote on his desk which read,

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."

There is too much showboating going on in DC by EVERYONE and far too little real problem solving. No more red tape and 2000 page documents to fix a problem encountered by only 15% of the population (the amount of the pop. that had no type of insurance at all.) This whole bill will cost each taxpayer over $20,000. What kind of a solution is that? It's 6 figures for each uninsured person! You could just buy them private insurance and use the rest of the money to straighten up our current system, like find and eliminate medicare fraud!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

this was a manners post.

If I paid 30000 for dinner with ANYONE I would want my money back.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
this was a manners post.

If I paid 30000 for dinner with ANYONE I would want my money back.
You are absolutely correct, Mary! We are all at such odds these days that noone thinks anything about getting on their soap box