Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all
Angry EEEK! A mouse!

So I'm sitting here typing away and out of the corner of my eye, I see a little critter race across the floor! Yep, it was a mouse. How the heck it got in and all the way upstairs is beyond me! I set a trap with peanut butter and I'm crossing my fingers. If that doesn't work, I'll have to borrow a neighbor's cat or something... confused
Old 02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Bummer! There's moths in my house...I can't get rid of them. They sell moth traps for like $10 each! They got here via a bag of bird food...apparently there was some dormant larvae in there. Now they won't leave. They like bird food, rice and my herbal supplements too!

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Well, I got my hopes up for nothing. I set out a glue trap (which I hate, but I'm scared of the snapping ones and hubby is at work). He got stuck on there, but only by 1 foot and he was able to get off of it.... Ever see the movie Mouse Hunt? lol That's about what I feel like right now... GAME ON!

Lindsey, I had a moth problem before. They were in a box of cornbread mix I had in my pantry. They were sooo hard to get rif of. I think they are called "meal moths".
Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Big Buddy

JeffGordonsNo1Fan is a jewel in the rough

Well, My MIL had a mouse, used the new D-Con round traps...thought it had not worked...set it on top of her freezer, and when we were over there the other day I almost got sick! It had started to stink!
Oh they work GREAT! I highly recomend them! The mouse goes inside, it is trapped, and you don't even see them.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Big Buddy

JMBred is a jewel in the rough
Talking Best mouse trap

is a good cat, have had one ever since, when I moved from my grandmother's house 6 years ago, she didn't have any now she does...she'd love to have my cat back...no way!

Livin Mouse Free...phew

Go to the shelter, you can adopt one...lol
Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

If I wasn't allergic to cats I would have one. Happy to say the mouse is gone. Finally caught him arount 11:30 last night. Now I have to put my house back together. I took almost everything out of my daughter's room (where he ended up) just so he would have no where to hide..
Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Little Buddy

monkeybaker is a jewel in the rough

I have a cat and about a month ago, while I was asleep, he jumped up on my bed and started pawing at me to wake up. Well he succeeded, he woke me up. The first site I see is this cat with a bird in his mouth! We have one of those doggie doors things that the cat comes and goes as he pleases. Guess he was so proud of catching something that he had to show me haha I was horrified and immediately scooted him out with his prize catch......

monkeybaker
Old 02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Little Buddy

zann_13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Nifty trick for getting rid of bugs

Have you ever read the side of the box of BOUNCE dryer sheets. It says right on them that you shouldn't let them come in contact with clothing. That is because they are made out of toxic materials. My mother felt that her Bounce dryer sheets were making her sick, so I took them off her hands - not to use in the dryer, but to put around the baseboards of my house. I had (HAD) a bug problem in my new home last summer. The poison toxic stuff in the sheets keeps bugs away. (So do hedge apples if you have any lying in your yard. Put them in an open Cool Whip container in the corners of your basement to keep bugs away.)
Have a good day.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zann_13
Have you ever read the side of the box of BOUNCE dryer sheets. It says right on them that you shouldn't let them come in contact with clothing. That is because they are made out of toxic materials. My mother felt that her Bounce dryer sheets were making her sick, so I took them off her hands - not to use in the dryer, but to put around the baseboards of my house. I had (HAD) a bug problem in my new home last summer. The poison toxic stuff in the sheets keeps bugs away. (So do hedge apples if you have any lying in your yard. Put them in an open Cool Whip container in the corners of your basement to keep bugs away.)
Have a good day.
lol...does it work on little moths?

Great tip! Thanks!

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Big Buddy

Minni is on a distinguished roadMinni is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you found it. I had that problem several months ago. I think they got in because my next door neighbor was doing construction in their house. Anyway, I tried glue traps and the snap traps, moth balls, even peppermint oil (I read that they hate the smell). Needless to say, none of those things worked. Also, my kitty had passed away a couple of years ago - he would have taken care of the problem! I bought D-Con poison and put it in several places. I don't recommend it when you have small children. But my DS was a newborn and not crawling, so I didn't mind. We found 3 mice dead after a few days of putting the poison down. Also, we plugged up any hole we found with plaster. We have been mouse free since! I remember one night holding my sleeping baby and then I saw that thing run across the floor. I jumped and almost woke him up! I hope to never see one again!