Instead of just recycling plastic grocery bags, you can give them a second life using the hacks outlined below.
1) Picking up dog poop. Use one on your hand as a glove and the other to hold the mess.
2) Lining small trashcans
3) Tie around your car’s side-view mirrors so you don’t have to scrape ice off of them
4) Place them over windshield wipers to protect them from frost
5) Fill them with items you no longer want or need and donate them to a local charity!
6) Use when traveling to keep dirty laundry separated from clean stuff
7) Put shoes in a bag before you put them in your luggage so they don’t get your clothes dirty
8) Saving an older can paint? Place between the can and the lid to prevent chips or rust from falling in
9) Taking a break from painting? Wrap up your brush or roller to keep it from drying out.
10) Tuck around a plant inside a decorative pot to straighten it up
11) Use as a protective filler for fragile items in boxes you store or mail
12) Seal up stinky foods and meats before throwing them into the garbage can
13) Take them to the pool or the beach to hold wet swimwear and towels
14) Keep a few in the car to make tidying up a whole lot easier
15) Stuff into sneakers to help them keep their shape while they are air-drying
16) Use them in place of rubber gloves, if you don’t have a pair of gloves handy
17) Seal up a stinky diaper
18) Put them on over your socks and under your shoes to help keep your feet dry in the rain
Sign up for my email newsletter to get tips like these delivered to your inbox!