On my first day home, I threw a frozen lasagna TV dinner in the microwave. When I opened the plastic seal, a scalding hot glob of cheese and sauce bubbled up and hit me in the face!
My first thought: “Thank God that it didn’t hit me in the eye!”
My second thought: “Seriously? I just spent 5 days doing risky things and I get hurt by food?”
I believe every injury deserves a cool story, so my kids and I have decided on this one.
“I was on the road to Hana when we came across a car on fire. To everyone’s horror, there was a kitten under the car and it was too scared to come out. I took it upon myself to rescue it and burned my cheek on the car’s exhaust pipe.”
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!